Amidst the uncertainty brought on by COVID-19, Montana is prioritizing the safety of our residents and visitors. The state is closely monitoring the rapidly changing public health situation and taking the precautions recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization. Montana strongly encourages our visitors (from both in and out of state) to seek the latest information in regard to coronavirus and travel.
By making educated decisions, we can help protect ourselves and those we come in contact with while respecting our businesses and communities.
BE MONTANA AWARE
Montana Aware is a statewide effort to slow the spread of COVID-19 by promoting safety measures for those traveling in the state. We are committed to protecting the health of residents and visitors and ask that you do the same. Learn more about the Montana Aware campaign.
WHAT WE’RE ASKING YOU TO DO
- Know the local public health guidelines before arriving at your destination
- Understand some services and destinations may be limited
- Stay home if you are sick
IN MONTANA IT’S IMPORTANT TO
- Wear a mask
- Maintain social distance (at least 6 feet apart)
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your face
- Cover coughs and sneezes
Montana is in Phase II of our reopening plan as directed by the Montana Governor. The phased re-opening lifts the stay-at-home directive and puts additional public safety measures and precautions in place.
As of June 1, Montana’s tourism amenities and services have begun gradually reopening. On July 15, Governor Bullock issued a directive requiring face coverings in certain indoor spaces and outdoor gatherings in order to prevent and slow the spread of COVID-19 throughout the state. Learn More.
Whenever you decide to travel, whether it is this summer or next, Helena, located in Southwest Montana, will be here – nestled between Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks when you are ready.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and find the overlooked beauty in the little things.
COVID CARE KIT:
Montana Aware Flyer
#MaskUpMT Posters and Promotional Resources from the State of Montana
- Lewis and Clark Public Health Department
- Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services
- Montana Coronavirus Task Force
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Travel Alerts
MONTANA TRAVEL RELATED RESOURCES:
- Big Hole National Battlefield
- Glacier National Park
- Yellowstone National Park
- Montana State Parks
- Grant-Kohrs Ranch
- Lewis & Clark National Forest
- Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest
- Montana Fish, Wildlife, & Parks
- Montana Department of Transportation Alerts & Closures
- Federal and State Parks, Monuments, Forests, Tribal Reservations
VISITING HELENA RESOURCES:
** Many attractions in the Helena Area have revised their hours – please visit their individual websites for the most up-to-date information!